hen you open a business portal and there is a big heading stating that the business runs by itself means that the business if fully computerized or programmed. In today’s world of computers, technology, software and smartphones manpower required is only for the backstage operations. For instance, when you enter a billing counter, you see a machine instead of a cashier to collect the cash. The machine is a technology with in- built a computer which has a set of software tools that communicate with you to accept what you are intended to pay and then generates a receipt. Similarly, there are a lot of such tools which help in a business or rather do the business itself. Here are such software tools which are programmed to perform the basic operations of a business in order to enhance productivity by minimizing errors.
- Accounting Software: The basic intention of any business is earning money and such money needs to be managed both in terms of investment and profit/loss. Accounting software does this exactly. It is programmed in such a way to understand what the business is about and execute the required actions accordingly. It is a functional module which maintains the books/ledgers, inventory, investment details, invoices, receipts, taxes paid etc. which are all expected to be done manually by an accountant. This reduces the job of an accountant totally to zero but for verification.
- Calendar: One of the most important tools for a business is the Calendar. It should have various features such as event creation, deadline marking, time management and scheduling, reminders etc.. A Calendar is an integral part of the business routine and hence is a priority. You may customize the calendar tool based on your requirements. For instance, a calendar may be customized as per your working hours or as per a particular deadline of a project.
- Collaboration: This is a tool which lets a business conduct conferences with vendors and investors. This can be used to upload tenders and quotations which help vendors communicate with the company. Also, annual reports, share news, an estimate can all enhance an investors possibility of choosing your business to invest upon. Also, if you are looking out for retailers/ resellers for your products, the same can be announced with details using the collaboration tool.
- Office Suit: This is something similar to collaboration tool while this helps you share files with employees and selected clients. It is a tool for sharing company documents easily. It has complete knowledge of all that happens in an organization. It simplifies the tasks of the employees while increasing productivity of a business. It is also known as office productivity software.
- Blogging tool: This is one of the latest and trending software tools for any kind of business. It is a tool for publicizing a business. It lets a company talk out to the crowd and provide complete and detailed information of their business. Pictures, newsletters, events, changes of the organization, terms and conditions etc. can all be included in the blog tool. A blogging tool is an effective medium to drive traffic towards your business. There are a variety of blog tools available online for download which happens in just minutes. Also, there are organizations who hire content writers/bloggers to keep it updated by writing articles and uploading them in the blogging tool. This not only provides employment to writers /bloggers but also ensures the company communicates well with the customers.
Along with the above-mentioned software tools, there are a lot of other tools available in the market which you can choose to help your business based on the requirement. A customer service cell at an office is replaced by a CRM – Customer Relationship Management tool, a front office is replaced by About our window in a business website, an information desk is replaced by Collaboration tool, a spokesperson or a PR is replaced by the blogging tool and the list goes on. The best practice is to comprehend all that happens in a business with a bundle of software tools that help a business achieve its productivity.
Of course, these tools come with a cost but are affordable under the expected investing budget of any small or large scale business.