Tax Day can easily become very exhausting. From files scattered all over your table to the stress of making sure you have all the right documentation, there is a lot of work that goes into properly filing taxes. This year, the added stress of the novel Coronavirus has been tough for many financially, so the government has moved Tax Day from April 15th to July 15th to ease the burden on those who are struggling. In addition to the filing deadline being pushed, there is one other shining light everyone can look forward to on the national holiday: freebies and deals.
Tax Day is notorious for great consumers deals like $1 margaritas, online coupons, and business program discounts. When it comes to business discounts specifically, you can create your own coupon for the holiday to help draw in new business, or you can simply take advantage of the great deals geared towards small business owners to save some cash.
Coupons for Small Business Owners
Your business serves as a unique place that fosters local economies. It’s important to keep it thriving, and the coupons can help with the overall expenses and upkeep of your company. On July 15th, make sure to call ahead before redeeming the coupon for your business to ensure it is available in your area. While some brick and mortar stores might still be closed, a lot of the coupons below may be available online for use.
- H&R Block. The tax preparation business gives 5% back on all of your purchases, which can be beneficial to your big expenses.
- Credit Karma. Credit Karma is a personal finance company that offers completely free tax filing.
- Intuit Turbo Tax. If you happen to be self-employed, you can save up to 25% off when filing your tax return.
- Jackson Hewitt. The second-largest tax service company promises that they offer the biggest tax refunds, with a $100 moneyback guarantee.
- Staples. If you purchase their Quicken software, Staples lets you save $20 on some of the TurboTax titles.
Online Retail Deals
Whether you need to dress up for remote interviews or meetings with clients, there are great retail deals to look out for during Tax Day. If fancier clothing pieces aren’t what you’re looking for, comfortable pajama sets for your daily work from home attire can also be found at the stores listed below.
- DSW. The footwear retailer gives 20% off on Tax Day to reward yourself on a stressful day that it may be for some people.
- Macy’s. With a diverse list of products, Macy’s department stores up to 40% off on the yearly tax-filing day.
Food and Drink Coupons
If you decide to take a break from filing your taxes and want to fulfill your cravings, half-off deep dish pizzas, free chocolate chip cookies, and one dollar drinks are all steals to look forward to on July 15th. The food and drink bargains below can make the stress out of figuring out what’s for lunch, dinner, or dessert. Make sure to call ahead and see if your local restaurants are participating in the deal, or have drive-in options due to COVID-19.
- Applebees. The chain restaurant offers a $1 promotion for margaritas, along with other great alcoholic beverage deals.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse. If you decide on going the cheesy route, the deep dish BJ’s pizza is a great affordable option, with 50% off the deep dish.
- Kona Ice. When looking for something cold and sweet on the hot mid-July day, Kona Ice gives all taxpayers free shaved ice.
- Sonic Drive-In. Sonic celebrated last Tax Day by offering half-off burgers on their menu, so make sure to call your local franchise to see if they are participating in the deal.
Tax Day provides an opportunity to snag a great deal as a consumer, or to give out great deals as business owners. Regardless if you are trying to save when purchasing things for your household or for your business, small savings can really add up, especially in a time where you might not know where your next paycheck is coming from. With discounted food, free tax-filing services, and discounted name-brand shoes, your July 15th experience has the potential to be uplifted. The infographic below from Wikibuy provides more details on the Tax Day deals and ideas on where to shop to save.